Open Stage - Saturday Sessions
Saturday Open Stage performances were held on the outdoor stage and featured steel guitarists and musicians of the Ke Kula Mele Hawai‘i School of Hawaiian Music and some Aloha Music Camp musicians.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Backup musician Larry Holu on bass.
- Backup musician Alan Akaka on guitar.
- Larry Holu.
- La Banda: Scott Vilhauer, Rhonda Murotake, Rosanne Ramos, Dan and Angela Villani, and Tom Lunnenberg, all from Southern California.
- Steel guitarist Rhonda Murotake from Torrance, CA.
- Rhona Murotake.
- Rhonda Murotake, backed by Scott Vilhauer, Rosanne Ramos, Dan and Angela Villani, and Tom Lunnenberg.
- Steel Guitarist Mark Alan Mendes from San Diego, CA.
- The open stage could be viewed from some hotel room balconies.
- Mark Alan Mendes, Tom Lunnenberg, and Jeff Cook.
- Mark Alan Mendes.
- Jeff Cook.
- Tom Lunnenberg.
- Steel guitarist Joe Stewart from Colorado.
- Rosanne Ramos from San Diego, CA.
- Tom Lunnenberg from San Diego.
- Molly Wood from Philadelphia, PA.
- Joe Stewart with Molly Wood, Tom Lunnenberg, and Rosanne Ramos.
- Steel guitarist Larry Holu backed by the Ke Kula Mele Enesmble: Mālie Lyman, Gale Warshawshy, Shirley Holu, Addison Ching, Alexis Tolentino, and Alan Akaka.
- Shirley Holu.
- Addison Ching, Shirley Holu, and Alexis Tolentino playing an electric bass as an upright.
- Addison Ching.
- ext Generation steel guitarist Mālie Lyman.
- Steel guitarist Larry Holu.
- Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Steel guitarist Heuʻi Bandmann.
- Gale Warshawsky.
- Addison Ching.
- Next generation steel guitarist Alexis Tolentino.
- Alexis Tolentino on a Fender Bakelite.
- Andrea Tolentino recording the open stage performance.
- Ronald Tolentino on bass.
Back to Gallery: 2017 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2017 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.