Saturday's main program was presented in the hotel's Paddle Room with ten featured steel guitarists. Students from the Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School ‘Ukulele Band under the direction of Elias Gonzales joined Joey Misailidis' performance, and students from the Kapa‘a Middle School ‘Ukulele Band under the direction of Mary Lardizabal joined Mālie Lyman's performance.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Dave ''DK'' Kolars with Kaipo Asing and Alan Akaka.
- Dave uses a hand-crafted acoustic steel he made himself.
- Dave ''DK'' Kolars.
- Geronimo ''Geri'' Valdriz.
- Geri Valdriz with Bobby Ingano, Kaipo Asing, and Adam Asing.
- Geri always performs bare-footed.
- Ed Punua.
- Ed Punua with Bobby Ingano, Kaipo Asing, and Adam Asing.
- Victor Punua, Jr.
- Victor Punua and VIctor Punua, Jr.
- Victor Punua.
- Bobby Ingano, Kaipo Asing, Ed Punua, Victor Punua, and Victor Punua, Jr.
- Ed Punua, Victor Punua, and Victor Punua, Jr.
- Ed Punua with son Kawai'iki Punua.
- Lenny Rapozo, Kaua'i County's Director of Parks and Recreation, represented the Mayor's office and presented the mayoral proclamation.
- Alan Akaka accepts the proclamation.
- Kaleo Carvalho, Chief Protocol Officer from the Mayor's Office, also participated in the presentation and sang Ka Makani Ka'ili Aloha.
- Mālie Lyman with members of the Kapaʻa Middle School ʻUkulele Band.
- Addison Ching, emcee Lady Ipo Kahaunaele-Ferreira, and Alan Akaka with the Mayoral proclamation.
- Mālie Lyman with Tai Misailidis and the Kapaʻa Middle School ʻUkulele Band.
- Additional members of the band joined in.
- The multitalented band members also shared a hula.
- Band Leader Mary Lardizabal directed the bandʻs performance.
Back to Gallery: 2018 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2018 by Don Touchi and HIMELE.