Behind the Scenes 2
Photos capturing some of the behind the scenes activity at the 2019 festival.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Arriving in Lihue, the NextGen gather their instruments and luggage, assisted by their parents.
- Don Touchi, Shirley Holu, and Sharon Ching. Don, where's your camera?
- Mālie Lyman, Pono Fernandez, Pomaikaʻi Lyman, Tai Misailidis, and Bobby Ingano.
- Kumu Alan Akaka organizing the caravans.
- The vans are here so it's time to load up!
- Jake Fernandez assists with the passenger assignment and loading.
- Van number 1 will transport the Lymans, Pono Fernandez, and Bobby Ingano.
- Van number 2 will transport Tai and Joey along with Kumu Alan Akaka.
- Vans are necessary because of the amount of luggage and music equipment. Bobby tries to find room for his steel guitar.
- Sharon Ching and Shirley Holu.
- Gale Warshawsly with her tricked-out walker.
- License to kanikapila.
- SooJean Misailidis and Pomaikaʻi Lyman at the hotel.
- A little spare time allowed Aaron Benolkin from Anchorage, Alaska, to rehearse his open stage numbers with his backup musicians Larry Holu and Addison Ching.
- Hotel engineers mount the festival banner in the Paddle Room.
- The Mayoral Proclamation presented by Kauaʻi County Mayor Derek Kawakami to the festival.
Back to Gallery: 2019 Festival
Photography by Addison Ching. All photos ©2019 by HIMELE.