Open Stage 1
Friday's Open Stage program featured steel guitarists from Hawaii, California, Washington, and Alaska.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- The festival banner served as the stage backdrop.
- Steel guitarist Jess Montgomery with Dennis Chun on guitar and Greg Sardinha on U-bass.
- Dennis Chun, Jess Montgomery, and Greg Sardinha.
- A modest audience at the beginning of the program.
- Another audience view.
- Another view of the open stage guests.
- Steel guitarist Kris Oka from San Francisco.
- Mark Gaponoff from Washington with Aunty Manu Lono and Greg Sardinha.
- Aunty Manu Lono, Mark Gaponoff, and Greg Sardinha. Mark also played his fiddle. Photo by Kris Oka.
- Steel guitarist Vickie Van Fechtmann.
- Steel guitarist Rhonda Murotake with Heuʻi Bandmann, Ethan Goore, Scott Vilhauer, and Natan Goore.
- Rhonda Murotake and Scott Vilhauer.
- The audience varied as much as the performances.
- Steel guitarist Barbara Bones. Photo capture from video by Kris Oka.
- Steel guitarist Heuʻi Bandmann with Rhonda Murotake, Ethan Goore, and Natan Goore.
- Heuʻi Bandmann surrounded by her students Kiʻileiah Jeffries (left) and Ginger Kamalei Hilliard, with Rhonda, Ethan, and Natan.
- Rhonda Murotake, Ethan Goore, Kiʻileiah Jeffries, Heuʻi Bandmann, and Ginger Kamalei Hilliard. Photo by Alan Akaka.
- Rhonda Murotake, Ethan Goore, Kiʻileiah Jeffries, Heuʻi Bandmann, Ginger Kamalei Hilliard, and Natan Goore. Photo by Alan Akaka.
- Rhonda, Ethan, Kiʻileiah, Heuʻi, Ginger, and Natan. Photo by Alan Akaka.
- Ginger Kamalei Hilliard holding her gifted steel guitar, Heuʻi Bandmann, and Kiʻileiah Jeffries. Photo by Alan Akaka.
Back to Gallery: 2020 Festival
Photography by Larry Holu unless otherwise noted. All photos ©2020 by HIMELE.