Thursday Kickoff Kanikapila
A festival Kickoff Kanikapila was held late Thursday at the hotel's Crooked Surf bar outdoor patio. Festival musicians were joined by hotel and festival guests in an evening of song and dance.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Kickoff Kanikapiola musicians with Enosa Lyman dancing a hula. From left: Alan Akaka, Bobby Ingano, Malie Lyman, Joseph Zayac, Dave ''DK'' Kolars, Patti Maxine, and Nate Goore.
- Kanikapila emcee Alan Akaka.
- Dave ''DK'' Kolars.
- Dave Kolars and Patti Maxine.
- An unidentified guest joins in the kanikapila with his 'ukulele.
- Guitarist Joseph Zayac.
- Malie Lyman on the Hawaiian steel guitar.
- Nate Goore on the U-bass.
- Alan Akaka on guitar.
- Patti Maxine on the steel guitar.
- Alan Akaka, Malie Lyman, Joseph Zayac, Dave ''DK'' Kolars, Patti Maxine, and Nate Goore.
- The kanikapila was held in the restaurant's Crooked Surf bar outdoor patio.
- Kanikapila musicians at work.
- Dave Kolars and Joseph Zayac.
- Joseph Zayac.
- Dave Kolars playing an acoustic steel guitar he designed and created.
- Ryne Terao.
- The Crooked Surf patio bar and the Sheraton's outdoor courtyard.
- Steel guitarists Malie Lyman, Dave Kolars, and Patti Maxine with Alan Akaka, Joseph Zayac, and Nate Goore.
- Enosa Lyman dancing a hula.
- Steel guitarist Bobby Ingano joined the kanikapila musicians. Bobby is seen with Alan Akaka and Malie Lyman.
- Bobby Ingano and Alan Akaka.
- Bobby, Joseph, Malie, Dave, Patti, and Nate. Mark Gaponoff is setting up in the background.
- An unifentified couple dance to Bobby Ingano's ''Sleepwalk.''
- Also enjoying ''Sleepwalk'' are Angela and Dan Villani.
- Dan and Angela Villani.
- Bobby Ingano, Alan Akaka, Malie Lyman, Joseph Zayac, Dave Kolars, Patti Maxine, Nate Goore, and Mark Gaponoff.
- Bobby, Alan, Malie, Dave, and Joseph.
- Dave, Joseph, Patti, Nate, and Mark Gaponoff on the fiddle.
- Malie, Alan, Dave, Joseph, Patti, and Nate.
- Mark Gaponoff.
- Jo Grant and friend share a hula.
- Pomaika'i Keawe.
- Malie Lyman and mom Pomaika'i Keawe offering a song.
- Malie, Pomaila'i, and Dave.
- Malie dances a hula.
- NextGen Pono Fernandez.
Back to Gallery: 2022 Festival
Photos ©2022 by Lori Leimakamae Dill and Halewai Photos. All photos ©2022 by HIMELE.